[Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Laurie Gray laurie.gray at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:01:24 EDT 2007

I've got a good friend here in Atlanta - an IA consultant - who sent off her
MacBook Pro so it could be powder-coated her favorite shade of hot, "I'm in
charge" pink. It's closer on the spectrum to Hello Kitty than it is to
Barbie. It was a brilliant personal branding move, IMO. When she pulls it
out of her bag during a meeting, conversation stops.

A sign of weakness? Nah. IMO this is a great way to say, OK I acknowledge
the rules and I'm playing them my own way, thank-you-very-much...She's a
consultant here in Atlanta and I think it provides an EXCELLENT
distinguishing mark that allows her to stand even further apart from the
crowd so that she becomes not just the girl who does great work, but the
girl who does great work on her pink Mac. It becomes part of her personal
brand, in a sense, and to that, I say, good for her.

Laurie