[Sigia-l] Food for thought

Will Parker wparker at channelingdesign.com
Wed Jun 6 15:25:55 EDT 2007

On Jun 6, 2007, at 4:11 AM, Paola Kathuria wrote:

> Hmm, I wonder if there's such a thing as a food UX designer.

See the Wikipedia page on 'molecular gastronomy' (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_gastronomy) and this page on
'molecular mixology' (http://www.theartofdrink.com/blog/2006/04/
molecular-mixology.php).

See also:

	Grant Achatz 	http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=grant
+achatz&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
	Hervé This 		http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=hervé
+this&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

	General Intro: 	http://khymos.org/examples.php

You can decorate a plate of excellent food, but these folks actually
design the food. Not that I have enough money to try this particular
cuisine.

Oh -- and folks in the UK may still be able to catch Heston
Blumenthal's 'Kitchen Chemistry' TV series. I happened across a few
episodes on the Internet and got hooked, but haven't been able to
find any more. See his book of the same name (http://www.amazon.com/
Kitchen-Chemistry-Ted-Lister/dp/0854043896).

- Will

Will Parker
wparker at ChannelingDesign.com

“I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If
that were the case, then Microsoft would have great products.” -
Steve Jobs