[Sigia-l] It's started

Nancy Broden nancy.broden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:49:59 EDT 2007

I agree it is a feature, but a very important one because it is on
the idle or home screen (the top level screen on the phone). I am not
saying the T-Mobile has revolutionized the mobile UI paradigm by any
stretch, but that they made a giant leap forward in an industry that
is extremely resistant to change.

Slowly, slowly the shift will take place. Apple and the iPhone will
nudge it along considerably (I hope).

On Jun 4, 2007, at 9:07 AM, Laurie Gray wrote:

> Nancy, do you think that this is more of a feature being promoted,
> or ease of use in the UI? I ask because I'm not entirely sure
> myself where the line falls, but would suggest it's a feature. On
> the other hand, the iPhone ads are taking the approach, IMO that
> the UX *IS* the feature.
>
> What do you think?
> Laurie
>
> On 6/4/07, Nancy Broden <nancy.broden at gmail.com> wrote:
> T-mobile has emphasized one key aspect of their UI with the
> introduction of "My Faves" last year. It is based on the idea (borne
> out by reaserch mind you) that, although our contact list my hold
> dozens of entries, we generally only communicate with the same 3 - 5
> on a daily basis.
>
> T-Mobile has been advertising this UI with its "Who's in your 5?"
> ad campaign.

Nancy Broden
nancy.broden at gmail.com