[Sigia-l] Is email dead, too?

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 18 16:12:53 EDT 2007

Just ask a group of teen Internet entrepreneurs, who readily admit that
traditional e-mail is better suited for keeping up professional
relationships or communicating with adults.

"I only use e-mail for my business and to get sponsors," Martina Butler, the
host of the teen podcast Emo Girl Talk, said during a panel discussion here
at the Mashup 2007 conference, which is focused on the technology
generation. With friends, Bulter said she only sends notes via a social
network.

"Sometimes I say I e-mailed you, but I mean I Myspace'd or Facebook'ed you,"
she said.

<http://tinyurl.com/2aom9n>

Is the future in intra-service messaging within walled-gardens like MySpace,
Facebook, etc. or email/push-email still has long-term relevancy?

----
Ziya

Design is the art of not inventing.