[Sigia-l] SIG-IA group on Facebook

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 16 23:17:10 EDT 2007

Sarah Dilling:

> Heck, my company encourages our use of facebook and the social apps there.

Have a look here and consider yourself lucky then:

"Employers could have grounds to demand ownership of employees' social
networking profiles, such as those generated on Facebook, MySpace or Bebo,
according to a leading intellectual property lawyer.

The news comes in the wake of a court ruling which forced a journalist to
hand over the contents of his contacts list to his former employer after he
left that company."

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/16/social_networking_profiles_company_
property/>

----