[Sigia-l] Second Life

Davezilla davezilla at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:10:06 EST 2007

On 1/31/07, Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:
> The theme park also known as the country of Sweden is to be the first one to
> open an embassy in the virtual world Second Life, where Reuters has a
> dedicated actual human reporter. Other than a mild case of VRML nostalgia,
> what am I missing by not being on Second Life? Has anyone done anything
> for/on Second Life? Will it affect my work? What am I supposed to do with
> this thing?

1) Well, cause I like to see what the kids are up to, I've been
messing with it quite a bit and it's a riot. Yes, you are missing out
on mulitudinous other architectural possibilities.

2) Looks like Google is posed to make a challenger metaverse using
Google Earth as the platform. That ought to be interesting.

3) If you don't like the SIM-ish charcters of SL, there is another
metaverse called "There" with nicer animation. Not as big as SL, yet.
<http://www.there.com/>

--
Color me gone,
Dave Linabury (Davezilla)

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are."– Anais Nin