[Sigia-l] Salt in Sugar?

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 3 14:14:21 EST 2007

Davezilla:

> Open Source projects rely on beta testers and bug
> reports to refine their projects, not usability tests.

And if this was some, uhm, wi-fi router modification app, nobody would
really care much. ;-)

But this projects aims to pretty much redefine low-end PC hardware
configuration AND a brand-new, unconventional operating system AND a new set
of base-functionality online apps AND a new business model/pricing structure
AND a new distribution scheme AND in virgin territories AND for 100 million
new users AND mostly children...all at the same time.

This isn't some wi-fi router mod app. :-) If it's even half-way successful,
we all have to deal with it, sooner or later. Some of you may remember
having to include stuff like WebTV in your design considerations at one
time, well, here comes Suga': the world's largest geek experiment on live
children.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba