[Sigia-l] Free swipr workshop in Las Vegas & Washington

Swipr Information info at swipr.com
Tue Feb 20 08:15:25 EST 2007

Hello,

As you are probably aware, the IA Summit 2007 will be held in Las
Vegas, from the 22nd to the 26th of March
(http://www.iasummit.org/2007/). And I will be there, attending both
pre conference workshops and the conference itself. The IA Summit has
been very inspiring for me over the last couple of years, and the warm
reception of swipr´s predecessor in Austin in 2004 has been a very
important driver for me to create swipr and make it available to the
IA community.

(for those of you that do not yet know what swipr is: It is a Visio
add-on that helps you to easily integrate Viso screenflows and
multiple wireframe documents into one integrated HTML package, with
simple prototyping features. Take a look at  www.swipr.com for more
info and examples)

For this conference, I have proposed a free workshop to help people
get started with swipr, but unfortunately, it was not accepted. This
was partly because it was a proposal for a half-day pre-conference
workshop, but free of charge. This doesn't fit with the normal way the
pre-conf workshops are treated. However, I would still like to do some
form of swipr promotion during the conference. So, if you are coming
to the IA Summit, what would you like to see?

 - Basic installation & setup of swipr;
 - Examples of how to work with swipr;
 - Help with your current problems involving swipr;
 - Information on how to extend swipr with extra possibilities;
 - Any other stuff you can think about.

If you are attending the Summit, and would like to get together to
discuss any of the items mentioned, or anything else, please let me
know, and also let me know when you would like to meet up. It seems
that most of my Friday will be free, and there will be possibilities
around Summit sessions aswell. As soon as I get an idea of how many
people would like to see swipr, I can start to set up some sessions.

Also, I will be travelling back to Amsterdam via Washington. If anyone
overthere is interested in a swipr presentation or workshop, let me
know. I might be able to arrange something on the Thursday or Friday
(29/30) after the IA Summit, if you're interested.

Hope to see you in Vegas or Washington!

Jacco Nieuwland
( www.swipr.com -  swipr.blogspot.com )