[Sigia-l] Persistence

Skot Nelson skot at penguinstorm.com
Wed Feb 14 15:26:12 EST 2007

David Malouf wrote:
> do you ever go on a plane?
> Ever work on a train that goes in a tunnel?

I've been on planes in tunnels....wait...wait...that was a nightmare.

>> Maybe I'm being dense, but I don't see the need. Perhaps it's just
>> nostalgia? The need to feel some sense of possession of our app and
>> our data on our machine?

Internet access is not yet ubiquitous. There are also certain types of
data that I probably don't want other people to have -- my password
list, my detailed financial records (I use Quicken...I *do* use QuickTax
Web, however.)

I'm not certain that an "offline app" in a browser is a good thing, but
lord knows I've been wrong before.
--
Skot Nelson
skot (at) penguinstorm (dot) com

      Music is my saviour / I was maimed by rock and roll
           - Jeff Tweedy