[Sigia-l] Pricing the Design Process

Arthur Fink arthur at arthurfink.com
Tue Feb 13 07:10:08 EST 2007

At 03:41 PM 2/12/2007, Ziya Oz wrote:

>That *is* the problem and that's why we have checks&balances in the form of
>contractual agreements, instead of faith-based "commitment to ethical
>behavior" ad hoc relationships. As a vendor, of course, your job is to
>maximize your gain and zero out your risk. Terms of a contract is the mutual
>understanding of that actuality in the context of a given project.

Huh?

I thought that as a "vendor" my job was to deliver value to the
client, often resulting in or nurturing a long-term relationship, and
to do so in a business relationship offering adequate compensation to
sustain a long-term relationship.

Not lost in my mind is also a desire to have fun, explore new areas,
view my client's work space as my social laboratory.

Arthur

          ARTHUR FINK Consulting  arthur at arthurfink.com
           Ten New Island Avenue  Listening to users
       Peaks Island, Maine 04108  Designing for people
              www.ArthurFink.com  User interfaces that work
207.766.5722  cell 207.615.5722  Progress training + consulting