[Sigia-l] informationwhatever - glossary

Drop, Daniel SIK ddrop at SIKORSKY.COM
Thu Dec 6 10:13:17 EST 2007

There is another definition of information architecture that comes from
the enterprise architecture discipline
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_architecture).  The definition
of Information Architecture on NIH's web page
(http://enterprisearchitecture.nih.gov/ArchLib/AT) comes from that
angle.

Daniel R. Drop
Programs Information Architect
Sikorsky Aircraft
(p.) +1-203-386-6855
This message may contain confidential information of Sikorsky Aircraft
Corporation and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended
recipient please (1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this
information, (2) advise the sender by return e-mail and (3) delete all
copies from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

I'd be
>> really curious about what you think what could be a short
descrioption of
>> it
>> or  how many meanings (strongest) can be distinguished. I've three
>> different
>> at the moment:
>> 1. Richard Saul Wurman's original meaning of the word, which is as I
see
>> basically information design
>> 2. Information architecture as one component in the process of
website
>> development (based on Jesse James Garrett's elements)
>> 3. The main topic, or the most explained IA itself as we percieve it
>> nowadays (based on the Polar Book)
>>
>> I don't know if these are legal differentiations or this is a good
way to
>> start to create such a description.
>> I would be really glad to hear your opinions and thoughts on this.
Links