[Sigia-l] informationwhatever - glossary

minko mihaly minko.mihaly at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:24:47 EST 2007

Hello, I'm a LIS student from the University of Szeged and we set up a
little research group on informationwhatever, which means that we are
examining the two component words whiches begins with information and
creating a glossary of them. I choose information architecture and I'd be
really curious about what you think what could be a short descrioption of it
or  how many meanings (strongest) can be distinguished. I've three different
at the moment:
1. Richard Saul Wurman's original meaning of the word, which is as I see
basically information design
2. Information architecture as one component in the process of website
development (based on Jesse James Garrett's elements)
3. The main topic, or the most explained IA itself as we percieve it
nowadays (based on the Polar Book)

I don't know if these are legal differentiations or this is a good way to
start to create such a description.
I would be really glad to hear your opinions and thoughts on this. Links
also appreciated! :)

Thank you!

Misi