[Sigia-l] Need published proof that scrolling text is not good

Donna Maurer donnam at maadmob.net
Mon Dec 3 00:48:36 EST 2007

Whenever I get in a situation like this, I step back and say "so, why am
I so convinced I'm right".

So, why are you so convinced you are right? Is it because
- scrolling text is difficult to read for people with a low level of
english proficiency, any type of cognitive impairment, dyslexia (I'm not
sure the last is true).
- people just want to jump through this page and won't ever spend enough
time to see it
- you heard many complaints during user research because the information
was buried and ran too slowly
- Jacob (or some other guru) said so
- you don't like it

;)