[Sigia-l] SIG-IA group on Facebook - do or die?

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 23 14:55:12 EDT 2007

Andrew Boyd:

> I am coming to think that no social networking app is THE ONE. I think
> that there is a blend that make up an acceptable solution between them
> - here is the scary thought of the day: what if there is no one great
> social networking site/application/utility/format to rule them all?

It's theoretically possible through confluence of events for a single
company to achieve dominance (like, say, Google did in search), but in this
case, it's also possible and perhaps likely for standard-based formats to
emerge that would allow personal ID, federated log-in, data
transportability, widget APIs, etc., which can then be used by all SN
companies. That also would be the ideal.

"Every problem comes from a solution."