[Sigia-l] NextD takes a slash at "Findability, InformationArchitecture"

Donna Maurer donnam at maadmob.net
Sun Apr 8 00:23:03 EDT 2007

The reason I asked for better examples rather than a swipe based on
perception was that I had something like this happen last year.

I was writing a conference talk about the usability & user-centred
design fields. My initial ideas about what to talk about were based on
my perception of the field. And they were going to be critical. But I
didn't want to criticise without something solid to base my argument on.
The more I thought about why I had a particular perception, the less I
could justify it. I thought that was a quite interesting thing to
observe in myself.

I too have watched the industry grow. And I have seen these criticisms a
few times. But when I really try to figure out what actions or
individuals are the cause of these criticisms, I can't do so.

So I hope this is an example where a response to criticism is
constructive. I haven't been deriding, condescending or hostile ;) Just
interested to consider where the perception is *actually* coming from.

Donna

--
Donna Maurer
Maadmob Interaction Design