[Sigia-l] Case in URLs

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 11 14:40:01 EDT 2006

Timothy Boyd:

> What I want to know is which is MORE human-readable.

I don't know of any research per se, but this practice has been around for
millennia, and not just in English. It's known as InterCaps, CamelCase,
camelBack, etc. Obviously what made it very prevalent in the last decade or
so is the adoption of the technique by programmers for variable/function
naming conventions, and the subsequent usurpation by the hi-tech marketing
community for product names. The idea was precisely to facilitate legibility
of compound words.

So in the absence of testing data, you can surmise that several industries
have successfully adopted it for better legibility, especially if you
consider geeks human beings. :-)

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intra-capital>

----
Ziya