[Sigia-l] Dedicated to those...

prady pradyotrai at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 22:45:17 EST 2006

On 11/18/06, Hassan Schroeder <hassan at webtuitive.com> wrote:
> And if UPS *reached* that point by using "Metrics/Benchmarking/etc."
> then what does that say about those tools?

I forgot who said this, but it is worth repeating:

     "generalization is mostly inaccurate".

Blame "usingit.com" for that :-)

I am sorry, but you are making a wrong judgement here -- you are using
an outlier example to shut yourself from learning what those firms do
best. This is "fundamentalism" (not "rationality").

If we follow "your" approach, there is nothing worth talking. Apple,
Google (or who ever is your demi God), nobody can pass any test.

We often confuse "design" and associate our biggest contribution to
the world as "AAPL" or "GOOG". That is mirror-kissing. AAPL (as well
as GOOG) is a place which attracts left and right brains in the
process to deliver innovation[1]. Checkout yourself --
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/mba100/full_list/

[1] Innovation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innovation