[Sigia-l] What am I missing...

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 19:54:00 EST 2006

Hiya,

On 11/3/06, Will Parker <wparker at channelingdesign.com> wrote:
> I never said that programmers are useless. However, In general, they
> are too 'close to the machine' to be trusted with significant UI
> design work.

Ouch, you've just hurt my feelings! :)

Luckily, I know the truth is that it depends on the developer and it
depends on the UX person, and, even more luckily, I've worked with
both developers who create better interfaces than UX designers and
vice-versa. In other words, it's lucky that the real world looks
nothing like the stereotypical hyperbole we some times spew out on
this mailing list.

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert