[Sigia-l] Where is usability in the org chart?

Keith.DeWeese at chi.frb.org Keith.DeWeese at chi.frb.org
Tue May 23 12:17:01 EDT 2006

Usability simply isn't considered a "business line" for inclusion in the
Fed's org chart.  It's not even on the radar of how the organization is
visualized or charted.

Keith
Keith DeWeese
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL  60604-1413
ph. 312.322.4434

<AR>    Action Required
<FYI>    For Your Information
<PYR>  Per Your Request
<EOM> End of Message
<Q>      Question
<A>      Answer

<taltom at iei.net>
Sent by: sigia-l-bounces at asis.org
05/23/2006 09:59 AM
Please respond to
taltom at iei.net

sigia-l at asis.org
cc

Subject
[Sigia-l] Where is usability in the org chart?

I'm sure this must have come up in discussion before, but a search of the
archives turned up nothing of consequence, perhaps because the number of
possible
keywords is rather large.

The question is twofold: First, where is usability located on your org
chart? And
second, what are the pros and cons of being there?

There are multiple reasons for asking this. The trigger was a request by a
client
to compile a table of representative organizations and where usability fit
there.
But there turned out to be darned little compiled anywhere. And with World
Usability Day coming up, our chapter of UPA is trying to make contact with
the
hidden usability population in our area.

Tim Altom

*Plain text, please; NO Attachments

Most presentations/papers and posters have been loaded to the IA Summit 06
website:

http://iasummit.org/2006/conferencedescrip.htm
http://iasummit.org/2006/posters.htm