[Sigia-l] Where is usability in the org chart?

taltom at iei.net taltom at iei.net
Tue May 23 10:59:16 EDT 2006

I'm sure this must have come up in discussion before, but a search of the
archives turned up nothing of consequence, perhaps because the number of possible
keywords is rather large.

The question is twofold: First, where is usability located on your org chart? And
second, what are the pros and cons of being there?

There are multiple reasons for asking this. The trigger was a request by a client
to compile a table of representative organizations and where usability fit there.
But there turned out to be darned little compiled anywhere. And with World
Usability Day coming up, our chapter of UPA is trying to make contact with the
hidden usability population in our area.

Tim Altom