[Sigia-l] Enterprise IA 95% un-sexy?

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 21:18:57 EST 2006

On 3/10/06, Lyle Kantrovich <lyle.kantrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Enterprise work is very challenging and in demand.  It's not
> as "sexy" mainly because the work isn't easily seen by others.

Isn't it strange how we're all different in this, because EIA to me is
*darn* sexy! I drool and whine while doing it! Maybe it's my fetish
for complex modelling and Topic Maps that does this to me, but I love
diving in there and have one tiny bit of info being super-important to
many things, yet trying to fit it into as few places as possible
without being repetetive (if that's a goal in itself!) and at the same
time try to make it sensible and smart to anybody out there. This
stuff turns me on; ontologies, controlled tagging, information
modelling, relations mapping and semantic analysis, user interfaces,
governance models, humanizing processes and facilitated info
architecture. I have to go now; there's a part of our intranet that
deserves some special attention! :)

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert