[Sigia-l] www.live.com search - a missed opportunity?

Dwayne King dwayne at pinpointlogic.com
Wed Mar 8 20:26:30 EST 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Stewart Dean wrote:

> My feeling is that Microsoft have missed the point.

Agreed, it seems like applications like this say, "Wow, Google is
really popular - it must be its spartan graphical design." When in my
opinion it's the spartan features. It gives you what you need to find
a page and it's done. No fancy scroll bars that are, for the most
part, baffling in their design. Take even the expansion and reduction
of info available in the results - let's give the benefit of the
doubt and say that research shower people need that feature to have a
complete searching experience. Why the slider? I might be missing a
nuance, but buttons seemed like they would be easier to use and just
as intuitive.

I won't even bother delving into perpetual "Loading" message in Safari.

I'm with Steward - they missed the point.

Dwayne King
www.pinpointlogic.com