[Sigia-l] If microsoft had designed the Ipod packaging

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Mar 6 14:13:48 EST 2006

Adam Carter:

> Yet, Apple still focus their advertising towards sleek, intelligent,
> usable designs and Microsoft still advertise based on features.

In case you missed it, this thread is about how MSFT in fact recognizes the
futility of its legacy approach and, if its upper management's public
pronouncements can be believed, intends to change it along Apple's lines.

As for Apple, yes it has not changed its legacy "sleek design" approach.
What has changed is that, once the choking monopoly factor is removed from a
market, as in digital music, Apple's approach and products (however sleek
they may be) quickly garnered pretty overwhelming mind/market share. The
fact that this has caught Microsoft's attention has been my point.

----
Ziya

"Innovate as a last resort."