[Sigia-l] Personas vs Business Needs?

Switzky, Andrew Andrew.Switzky at austinenergy.com
Wed Jul 19 09:34:06 EDT 2006

Jonathan Baker-Bates wrote:

"The reason I ask is that I'm having an interesting time making sure
that
the personas I'm constructing as part of a large discovery phase
correspond to the client's business needs. This process is taking me
further than I'd like to from what my user research is telling me, and
I'm worried that the value of the whole exercise will degenerate into
selectively justifying foregone conclusions."

Hi Jonathon,

Is it that you are finding that the personas contradict the client's
business needs? Is your user research suggesting that customer's will
not behave as the business believes that they will?

Andy