[Sigia-l] Liquid browsing

Jonathan Baker-Bates Jonathan.Baker-Bates at Wheel.co.uk
Wed Jul 5 13:34:49 EDT 2006

"first empirical studies show, that L2DSS can improve knowledge
browsing efficiency greatly and can be used in a wide range of
applications (like file systems, media libraries, map browsing,
email"

I can't find any further reference to these studies - you'd think they'd
at least cite them. How did they do them? What does "improve" mean here?
All seems a bit odd.

Also, looking a the video section titled "Interaction transparent
spaces" - does that not strike you as a candidate for the most annoying
and error-prone feature ever in the history of HCI? Are they trying to
make mode errors a fashionable accessory or what?

Jonathan