[Sigia-l] Re: labeling conundrum (Grant Bacon)

Listera listera at rcn.com
Fri Feb 17 18:40:41 EST 2006

Grant Bacon:

> ...people were saying things like "Make the 'toolbar' blue" and others couldnt
> tell if they meant the nav piece or the whole 2 inches.

Sure. But these "people" were non-users, no?
I think the documentation in question is for endusers, who, in most cases,
couldn't care less about the finer points of such nomenclature.
There's no "best practice" on this. There may not even be mild consensus.
(I'm not entirely sure if it's needed to begin with.)
If you're in the ballpark and, most importantly, consistent, I think you can
sleep well at night believing the semantic universe is in perpetual balance.

----
Ziya

Design is doing for a dime what anyone can do for a dollar.