[Sigia-l] Web Developers

Skot Nelson skot at penguinstorm.com
Sun Feb 5 19:20:56 EST 2006

On Feb 5, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Listera wrote:

> We do different things: usability folk usually rectify a problem
> *after* the
> fact; I design stuff so that there won't be much to rectify *to
> begin with*.

Huh?

This is a pretty arrogant statement, even when you consider the source.

Every usability person I've worked with has set out with the goal
that there won't be problems that need to be rectified.

Would you care to elaborate on how your methods are that superior to
all others, enabling you to do so while others fail?

At other times, usability work is conducted with the goal of
repairing problems that have been detected in real world use. This is
a different type of work.

That I still think the iPod should have a dedicated, hardware volume
control on the unit itself (try changing the volume of a song while
navigating through menus to see what I mean) doesn't mean the
original product was unusable.
--
Scott Nelson
skot (at) penguinstorm (dot) com