[Sigia-l] Information Architecture 3.0

richard_dalton at vanguard.com richard_dalton at vanguard.com
Sun Dec 3 19:49:15 EST 2006

Anyone reading this would think that you consider IA and IxD to be equal
siblings rather than IA just a smaller part of IxD and I must admit to a
certain confusion myself. I don't buy the "IA doesn't take into account
time" theory - of course it does - how can you help someone find something
(for example) only considering a single point in time? I firmly believe
that JJG's first elements diagram with IA and IxD occupying the same
"structure" plane depending on the context of use (application vs
hypertext system) is the most valid one.

        Richard

> Just like there is Typography, iconography which are their own
> disciplines but have deep overlap with graphic design, so is IA and
> IxD and even Graphic Design all distinct disciplines with strong
> bodies of knowledge.

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.