[Sigia-l] Seeking examples: multiple select/search widgets

Brian Ghidinelli brian at vfive.com
Tue Aug 29 14:56:26 EDT 2006

I have a number of places in an application where the user may want to
select anywhere from 1 to ~200 people from a database of 100 to 1500
members.  We're hoping to build a widget that could be used to add
people to a mass email, include members in a report or other batch actions.

In some cases the user may know the single person they are looking for
(by name, for example) while in other instances they may want to filter
the database by some basic criteria like member status ("approved",
"new", etc) or "is a volunteer", etc.

Does anyone have a link to good (or bad!) examples of this type of
search/filter/selection behavior?  Flash or Ajax examples are OK.

In the past I have used dual select boxes as containers from Dan
Switzer's qForms.  It worked well with small data sets but falls down
with more options.

Thanks!

Brian