[Sigia-l] Employee page on your intranet (prady)

Shiv Singh Shiv.Singh at avenuea-razorfish.com
Thu Aug 3 15:57:36 EDT 2006

Google's corporate directory on their intranet (MOMA) included employee
names, email addresses, photographs (sometimes fakes), extensions and
location. The names would also be linked to a list of that person's
quarterly goals and objectives so you could understand exactly where
your proposed project would fit in their priority list before you even
spoke to them. I don't know if it still does this.

The intranet also used to include features that let employees see how
much money the company was making via the adwords program in real time.
It also included latency times, popular search terms, and traffic
statistics for Google properties. Making real-time business critical
information available to employees was one way to motivate them and keep
them connected with the company. This was before the company went
public.

At the risk of sound too self promotional, check out Charlene Lee's post
about Peers, the Avenue A | Razorfish intranet -
http://blogs.forrester.com/charleneli/2004/11/avenue_arazorfi.html We're
currently working on a new version of this.

Shiv

www.theworkplaceblog.com
www.intranetmaturity.com - add/edit/comment on the maturity framework
www.avenuea-razorfish.com/enterprisesolutions