[Sigia-l] Discount vs. High End testing

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 17:53:41 EDT 2006

Kenneth Bryson:

> Is there any reason I should consider including some 'high end' tools in this?

One *always* gets into trouble when one chooses a tool based on popularity,
best practices, etc., before figuring out why it's needed in the first
place.

For example, do you need to resort to eye tracking? Who knows! If you're
convinced that you need statistical analysis of users' gazes over page real
estate, sure. Is that going to solve a real problem in an "effective and
efficient manner"? Highly doubtful, but depends on what you wanted to figure
out to begin with.

Tools don't provide solutions, strategies do. Otherwise, you're on a fishing
expedition.

----
Ziya

Usability >  Simplify the Solution