FW: [Sigia-l] My card sorting book is underway!

Berry, Nicholas F nicholas.f.berry at boeing.com
Tue Apr 25 17:18:00 EDT 2006

Although I have no doubt that you can pick up a lot about users by
touching and smelling them, it doesn't do much for the credibility of
our profession not to have some kind of model for extracting the type of
information we're looking for.  Imagine trying to sell an expensive
IA/IR project to an exec against several other "good-idea" projects when
all you have for backup is touchy-feely stuff.  They call that
"anecdotal" and don't even count it as data, let alone basis for
organizing an information retrieval system.

nick *