[Sigia-l] Video metadata

Peter Van Dijck peter at poorbuthappy.com
Mon Apr 10 15:52:11 EDT 2006

> I always use the example of a two-minute video with my mother cooking my
> favorite dish, boeuf a la moutarde. She talks about Dijon but never says
> the word mustard. Could I come across this video if you searched for
> 'mustard'?

Nice example, but I don't buy it. If you're searching for this video
with your mom in it, it'll have a variety of metadata with it. Dates,
thumbnails, perhaps some tags or related videos. If "mustard" doesn't
return it, a search for "mom", "dish" or "1998" might. Or just scroll
through a bunch of videos with thumbnails and you'll probably find it.
You don't need complete metadata, just good enough.

Peter
--
http://petervandijck.net