[Sigia-l] Ambient Findability

Billie Mandel Billie.Mandel at openwave.com
Tue Sep 13 17:33:48 EDT 2005

Hi Peter -

Thanks for sharing your sample chapter with us.  It's a very interesting
topic, and I, too, can't wait to read the whole thing.

The most interesting part to me is the idea that "...ambient findability
is less about the computer than the complex interaction between humans
and information."  I have been thinking about this a lot lately, as I've
been working on yet another enterprise IA project.  The more user
research I do even on something as narrow-seeming as the corporate
intranet, the more my output is comprised of business recommendations
for the overall culture of the organization (communication plans,
knowledge documentation and sharing procedures, change management plan)
- rather than simply providing navigation systems, wireframes etc.
Human-human-business interaction needs IA as much as Human-Computer
interaction does.

I'm hoping that the full volume addresses practical applications to
improve findability within an enterprise context - and if not, that
you'll at least blog on it for us EIA geeks.

Congratulations on finishing the book!

- Billie

Billie Mandel
Information Architect