[Sigia-l] Seeking Best Practices: order for chaos

Fortune Elkins fortune.elkins at misys.com
Tue Sep 13 12:01:26 EDT 2005

Tell me how you feel about general dynamics. Sure, the design's ugly.
But they have exactly your problem -- do people who buy submarines from
electric boat even know that electric boat is really general dynamics
and vice versa?

http://www.generaldynamics.com/ (click company overview > marine
systems, for a start)

This site -- which has many problems -- does however perhaps attempt to
tackle your issues. It is 1 - a gateway site that attempts to wrap other
sites. It does appear to 2- be a single entity, while offering 3 - a
gateway to the individual websites of the sub-divisions. Their 4-
navigation tool or "wrapper" to contain these many sites is the dreaded
frameset.

There are better ways to do this I'm sure. But look at this site and as
you critique it may be your answers will become more clear? Or at least
think through what's wrong with this site and that will help show you a
way forward?
This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners.
We believe that this email and any attachments are virus free, however the recipient must
take full responsibility for virus checking. This email message is intended for the named
recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended named
recipient of this email then you should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose
its contents to any other person. You should contact Misys Banking Systems so that we can
take appropriate action at no cost to yourself.

www.misys.com