Visio Document Stencil, was Re: [Sigia-l] How do you make HTML wireframes

Todd Levy toddlevy at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 23:49:02 EDT 2005

If you drag a shape (i.e. the thing you want to reuse) from a Visio drawing
file into the "document stencil" task pane, you can then edit the shape
master and when you close the editing window it will give you the option to
change all instances of the shape on all pages in the drawing file.

I believe this to be the functionality described below as missing.

That said, it's of somewhat limited use b/c if you change the dimensions of
the item, the other objects in the document won't know to move since the
program has no sense of rendering flow.

TL

P.S. I haven't used it, but Serena Process View Composer can be used to
create HTML prototypes and a host of other formal documentation. They offer
WebEx demos if you want to see it in action.
http://www.serena.com/Products/processview/home.asp
http://www.serena.com/Products/processview/PVCtour05.asp