[Sigia-l] Does interface design matter?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Oct 13 14:18:45 EDT 2005

Lyle Kantrovich:

> A feature or function doesn't exist without an interface.

Depends on where one defines the boundaries of this argument. For example,
there are companies being formed as we speak whose only business goal in
life is to provide "(inter)faceless" services and functionalities to other
companies, the basis of SOA.

> How would you drive without a steering wheel or gas pedal (or something that
> replicates their purpose)?

By reframing the question: one of the passengers in a car is no longer the
designated "driver," the car is driven by external means.

----
Ziya

Best Practices,
For when you've run out of your own ideas and context.