[Sigia-l] Wiki support forum

Louise Hewitt lhlists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 05:04:51 EDT 2005

Hi all,

A call for advice if you have it.

I'm working on v. small budget online manual for a client's
proprietary CMS. The users are all tiny non-tech brochureware sites so
it's got to be real easy to use.

My client (the CMS guys) got an idea to have an interactive support
forum, after reading about ebay's community support centre.

I suggested that a wiki page might serve this purpose as a cheap solution.

Anyone had experience integrating a wiki page into a basic site?
Has anyone had success getting novice users to employ a wiki.

If there are any better suggestions out there, then that would be
great - They don't have a development budget to build a forum and seem
to be tied to the idea of an online community section rather than an
email and response area. That said, I've built 'contact us' and
'troubleshooting' into the other areas (which I strongly suspect will
be all that's required for this manual).

Cheers,

Lou.