[Sigia-l] Does geography effect usability and user testing

david natas natasdavid at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 22 06:52:58 EST 2005

--- Matthew Goddard
<Matthew.Goddard at online.nhsdirect.nhs.uk> wrote:

> I raised this point with an American friend of mine
> some months back and he confirmed that there are
> slight difference about how user test are conducted
> in the UK then in America.

One of the differences I have heard mentioned is the
difference in the expected consistency between
sessions in the UK and the US.

In the UK my experience of testing is that there is a
script, but that this is fairly loose, with the
interviewer being free to probe different participants
on different issues that may arise in any particular
session.

My colleagues who have worked wiith US clients however
have recounted studies where the client has become
upset that the exact same questions were not asked in
the exact same manner to every participant.