[Sigia-l] "Who Really Turns Off JavaScript?"

Skot Nelson skot at penguinstorm.com
Fri Nov 11 12:04:40 EST 2005

On Nov-10-2005, at 11:01 AM, Todd Warfel wrote:

>> With the exception that it saves a round trip to the server. Some
>> items
>> (e.g. formatting, required fields) can be done very effectively
>> using JS,
>> then further validated on the server side.

This *is* true, but...

> On Nov 7, 2005, at 2:56 PM, Timothy Karsjens wrote:
> ...The form data is going to be
> validated AGAIN on the back-end anyway

the point is that the server trip is happening anyway.

If I could avoid the trip to the serve altogether, I'd be much
happier to see Javascript implemented.

There is an argument about server resources to be made of course, but
this is kind of a red herring - really, the additional resources
required are minimal and all you're doing is downloading the need to
your users if you don't have them.
--
Scott Nelson
skot at penguinstorm.com