[Sigia-l] "Who Really Turns Off JavaScript?"

tOM Trottier tOM at Abacurial.com
Tue Nov 8 10:42:20 EST 2005

I have javascript turned off all the time on
Internet  Explorer, and  by default turned off in
Firefox. Firefox  has an add-in to indicate
when javascript is present  and allow/disallow
by site.

Javascript has been exploited to cause
problems and  can  prevent search engines
from indexing your entire  site.

All it takes is one good horror story to cause
users to  flood to turn  off scripting.

If you can do what you want by CSS or
HTML, that's  safer and  preferable -
especially for menus!

tOM

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@ 	tOM Trottier
 _-\_<, 	758 Albert St., Ottawa ON
Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)	N45.412 W75.714 	+1 613
860-6633
Information Architecture</a>
     Q,  Q,
    </  </    	I would rather be exposed to the
inconveniences
 (`-/---/-')	attending too much liberty than to
those attending
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~	too small a degree of
it.-Thomas Jefferson