[Sigia-l] "Who Really Turns Off JavaScript?"

Skot Nelson skot at penguinstorm.com
Mon Nov 7 21:00:50 EST 2005

On Nov-7-2005, at 4:06 PM, Davezilla wrote:

> J2EE developers who insist on front-end
> validation for some parts of the form, and back end for the others.

I've never understood this though. If you're going to pass a form
through a server side script for SOME verification, why not just do
all the verifications back there? Doing this means you can present
all error messages in a single, consistent format.

It does have the obvious disadvantage of requiring the user to wait
for all error feedback, and risk hitting them with a large number of
errors on a form simultaneously. I think I'd choose consistency of
presentation as my primary goal though.
--
Scott Nelson
skot at penguinstorm.com