[Sigia-l] Today's Circuits in the NY Times

Skot Nelson skot at penguinstorm.com
Thu Nov 3 19:48:56 EST 2005

Today's Circuits column from the New York Times offers a nice lesson
in software design, from David Pogue's interview with Blake Ross, the
lead for the Firefox project.

> BR: So basically I go home
> and I say, "Hey, Mom, you know, what's still wrong with the
> internet? What's bothering you?" And she tells me.
>
> DP: You ask your mom?
>
> BR: Well, she'll yell at me. And I'll say, "Mom, calm down.
> What's wrong?" And then I'll fix that.
>
> DP: I wonder why Bill Gates's mom couldn't do the same thing?
>
> BR: Yeah (laughs).

What I find interesting about this, is that everybody I know thinks
Firefox is only for geeks. Everytime I get a "normal" user using it
though, they never go back to Internet Explorer. (The Mac community
is more ambivalent, and pretty happy with Safari.)
--
Scott Nelson
skot at penguinstorm.com
http://www.penguinstorm.com/