[Sigia-l] merits of bullets (was Smackdown: Edward Tufte vs. DonNorman)

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue May 31 22:49:06 EDT 2005

Livia Labate:

> That is not the case of a bullet-point presentation introducing a new
> concept/idea, like Karl's CEO for example.

It absolutely should be the case.

Karl has the experience to write the body of the work and the CEO the
financial/operational/strategic/legal/etc expertise to parse it for
compliance with corporate goals.

The narrow question here is, can a CEO have the time to go through a
100-page report every time someone like Karl requests his time?

I say the answer is no. It's Karl's responsibility to distill it to its
essence so that those bullet points address all the critical corporate
priorities the CEO would surely be considering carefully.

Good CEOs are very good at that triage.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba