[Sigia-l] merits of bullets (was Smackdown: Edward Tufte vs. DonNorman)

Livia Labate liv at livlab.com
Tue May 31 21:45:59 EDT 2005

> I should point to some of the wonderful examples Gladwell gives in "blink"
> where, say, researchers can reach the same conclusion by parsing a 20-second
> video sample ('content' removed) as they can the 20-minute full version, but
> then I'd have to disclose my secret kickback arrangement with Malcolm's
> publisher. :-)

And the point of that chapter being that they have 20 years of
accumulated knowledge analyzing the 20 minute full-version so they can
infer on the 20-second video samples with amazing precision.

That is not the case of a bullet-point presentation introducing a new
concept/idea, like Karl's CEO for example.