[Sigia-l] Smackdown: Edward Tufte vs. Don Norman

Johnson, Bryce BryceJ at navantis.com
Mon May 30 18:35:06 EDT 2005

In the article that started this thread Don mentions that he is
elaborating on what he talked about in an interview with Cliff Atkinson.

Cliff has written an decent book called "Beyond Bullet Points" you can
view the bookblog here:
http://www.beyondbullets.com/

In the book Cliff outlines an approach for structuring a presentation
using many techniques common to script writing. I'm sure you will
recognize the techniques from presentations you have seen in the past
like I did.

If you would like to see a webinar of a presentation that Cliff gave on
the topic you can find it here:
<https://www119.livemeeting.com/cc/marketing/view?id=Seminarll&pw=650650

Bryce

P.S. My 2 cents are that PowerPoint is a tool and it is kinda ridiculous
to condemn a tool. I know that from my own experiences that I often
condemn the use of paper as a decent process tool and people think I am
nuts.