[Sigia-l] Alternative compensation for usability participants?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jun 28 15:45:52 EDT 2005

leanne waldal:

> free software or software upgrade is also useful if the thing being
> tested is the current version of the software.  if the target
> audience is people already using the product then they're often
> interested in getting more of the product or product upgrade instead
> of  getting cash.

That's another way of saying "bias".

I'm not sure what's being tested here: current users' ability and/or
willingness to improve the product? That's our job.

There's nothing wrong of course in asking users to provide improvement ideas
(one should constantly do it), but that's not "testing."

I'm in favor of the proverbial Chinese Wall here. Give'em cash, other
peoples' products, whatever, but not the one being tested.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba