[Sigia-l] So, how did you become a [Information Architect|UsabilityEngineer|Interface Designer|etc.]?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Sun Jun 26 23:23:20 EDT 2005

Ted Han:

> I think people in the "real" world really do a disservice to academia
> with statements like this.

Alexander can clarify what he meant but I don't think he was referring to
the same "academia".

For example, I hope we can all agree that one simply doesn't need an MBA (an
*academic* degree) to either go into business or to be successful at it. It
may be of help or hindrance depending on the context, but it sure isn't
necessary. The MBA degree (and what it signifies) is different, in this
sense, than, say, teaching, writing and researching in/about business as an
academic pursuit.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba