[Sigia-l] Beginner to SEO

James Melzer jamesmelzer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:28:23 EDT 2005

I can see the job listing now -

Wanted: A minor deity, demi-god, or major demon to rule over content
fiefdom. Must have at least 400 years experience, control over
elemental nature, and a library science degree. Will lead project to
improve search ranking without actually changing our site in any way.
Demonstrated success with similar projects or other heroic feats
required. Ability to alter space and time a plus. Competitive salary
and benefits. Respond to recruiting at deus.net.

~ James

On 6/23/05, Patrick Neeman <pat at nexisinteractive.com> wrote:
> There are usually the same people that think SEO, Search Engine
> Marketing, Web Design and Information Architecture are all the same
> skill set.
>
> They are, aren't they?
>
> P@
>

> On Jun 23, 2005, at 7:44 AM, Timothy Boyd wrote:
> > I deal with people on a daily basis who are under the impression that
> > sprinkling magic SEO dust on their site will get them more pageviews,
> > build their brand, create more conversions, etc. This impression,
> > sadly, appears to be rather widespread. As such, it seems worth
> > repeating here what I say over and over again to said people:
> >
> > 1. Create meaningful content.
> > 2. Mark it up properly.
> > 3. Use appropriate metadata.
> >
> > Blammo! Your site is now "Search Engine Optimized."
> >
> > -tim.

> *Plain text, please; NO Attachments

> IA 06 Summit.  Mark your calendar.  March 23-27, Vancouver, BC

James Melzer