[Sigia-l] "meta-"navigation

richard_dalton at vanguard.com richard_dalton at vanguard.com
Fri Jun 3 08:52:36 EDT 2005

"utility" is the word we use in our set of navigation systems.

        Richard

"Donna M. Fritzsche" <donnamarie at amichi.info>
Sent by: sigia-l-bounces at asis.org
06/03/2005 07:28 AM

        To:     "Donna Maurer" <donna at maadmob.net>, sigia-l at asis.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Sigia-l] "meta-"navigation

Hi Donna,
I don't like the term, but the argument could be made that a Site Map, one
of
the items usually included in this set, is content about "the
(organization
of) content" and is therefore "meta".  That is possibly where the term
derived its name.

I realize that doesn't account for the "navigation" part of the phrase.

I prefer the phrase supplemental or utilities.  I like utilities because
the
comparison can be made to home utilities that should be easily accessible,

are well-understood, and often serve the function of  facilitating.

There is a good list and some comments in Steve Krug's book "Don't Make Me

Think" on p66.

Donna

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:54:31 +1000, Donna Maurer wrote